Sunday, June 21, 2015

Sometimes 40K pisses me off

Below is a post I started probably a couple years ago after a frustrating game.  I'm sharing it now just because I can laugh at it now.  Foul Language warning.


This would be my first battle report with my new phone/camera, only the game was so pathetic that there is no point writing about it.  Here are some pictures of me losing again after even more pathetic dice rolling, list building, and deployment, and bullshit space marine bullshit.

I gotta say, this is two games in a row, in which I've either brought a friendly list, or at least tried to play friendly only to have a shitty game.  Do you wanna know how fun it is to play against an all Drop Pod/Flyer reserve army?  About as fun as it is to play against 3 Riptides.. At least riptides have to follow basic rules.  The fact that Drop Pods never Mishap pisses me off to no end.  "Oh, I scattered 5" onto your unit.. OOPS, no I don't, here let me park my dreadnaught right next to your unit instead.. Tee Hee"  The fact that 5 marines that lose combat, fail their leadership, get swept, then get to just rejoin the fucking combat like nothing happened.. FUCKING pisses me off.. Why do they even roll the god damn dice if it doesn't fucking matter weather they pass or fail?  It pissed me off all the way through 5th, and it pisses me off now.



See that Vindicare on the Ruin?  He's apparently only
in my list to give my opponent first blood, since he didn't
have anything to shoot at, and is an easy kill once my opponent
shows up on the board anywhere he wants with a bunch of
Drop Pods.. Yeah.. Still not FUN. 



Notice how I get to hide my shit in a corner so I don't
have some drop pod that never fails land behind me and shitwreck
my vehicles..  To bad it doesn't matter, cuz we rolled the Relic
and I'm just sitting in this corner playing with myself while my opponent
gets to deploy his whole army on the fucking objective with his fucking
all drop pod army.  Even if I'd deployed at the edge of my zone I'd have never
got near it.


Shot a Multi-Melta, Melta, and 3 Exorcists at the nearest
drop pod trying to clear my LOS too the Relic.  Two Exorcists
had prescience on them.  Out of all that, I only managed to strip
it's hull points after 2 pens at ap1..  No explosion.


DreadKnight rolled 1's to assault the marines and failed.  Of Course.



The dreadnaught got 7 wounds on the sisters.  Celestine was up
front so I should have been fine.  She rolled 3 1's out of those 7
hits and died.  Amazing.

The Necron flyer is a Stormraven really..



The Dreadknight Assaulted 6 marines.  Sgt challenged and
Died to hammer of wrath.. They failed leadership, got swept BUT NOOO..
Space Marines don't need any rules.. So they just locked my Giant
MC into assault..


Celestine did get up on turn 3 and the sisters ran from
the now imobilized dreadnaught.. Pathetically 2 Exorcists
couldn't kill it.  The other scored 2 hits on the Stormraven
thanks to prescience.. He evaded, but I only got 1 glance
so no chance to explode..

Turn 3 the flyer which had evaded went into hover mode
(is that even legal?) disgorging his command team.  They
assaulted (again, can you assault from a flyer that evaded on your
opponents turn?) his HQ with thunder hammer and Shield Eternal
Accepted my challenge.. I scored 2 wounds, he saved one with 3+ invuln
And because of the stupid shield giving him eternal warrior didn't die
despite being doubled out, by a force weapon.. Nope.. It's all good.. He
then put 4 wounds on my Dreadknight which only has a 5++ and failed 3 having
already taken a wound and died.  End of game bottom of turn 3 because I had
no way to catch the relic, and he had first blood for killing my vindicare who never
got a shot off due to his full reserve deployment..

No comments:

Post a Comment