Thursday, June 28, 2012

2000 pts Tau vs Eldar

I had the opportunity this evening to get in my last, or next to last game of 5th edition prior to 6th hitting Saturday against Eric of http://thewildriderhost.blogspot.com/ 's Eldar army.  The game was 2000 points and we rolled seize ground 3 objectives, and capture and control as our missions.  The deployment was dawn of war and I won the roll off to go first, and Eric failed to seize the initiative.
My phone died after turn 1 deployment, so I have no pictures, sorry.

Army list wise, I ran a Farsight enclave with a 955 point farsight and bodyguard squad, with 7 helios (fusion blaster, plasma rifle, shield generator) body guards, 4 with target locks, one with failsafe detonator, and one with stimulant injector.  I mixed up the other options enough to have 7 unique suits for wound allocation, plus 6 shield drones.  I also had 2 6 man firewarrior teams with Shas'ui with EMP grenades (just the shas'ui), 2 Broadsides with Plasma team leader with 2 shield drones, shield generator HWMT, HWTL, and the 2nd broadside running a multi-tracker.  One shas'vre Crisis suit (mandatory) with MP, Flamer and Pos Relay and a shield drone.  1x 3man stealth suit team, teamleader with markerlight.  Skyray.  Eight Pathfinders including Shas'ui, DFish with DPod and drones.  Lastly I had an IonHead with DPod and Bust Cannons.

Eric ran 2 9man jetbike squads with Warlock and attached farseer's with Fortune and Guide.  2 Wave serpants with holo fields carrying 5 man Fire Dragon teams including Exarchs with flamer, 2 Dire Avengers troops of 7+1 Exarch and a night spinner.

I deployed Farsight and friends strung out along the center of the board, with the firewarriors at either flank  in terrain 12" from the edge or so, and in cover to force him to deploy in the 6" band on his edge.  All but my 3 stealth suits (deepstriking) walked on on turn 1.  Eric deployed one jetbike squad with attached farseer in the far right corner.  The rest of his forces came on on turn one.

Since I don't have pictures, I'll save the play by play..  Due to some amazing roles by my pathfinders, skyray and stealth teams markerlights, I managed to wipe out both Jetbike teams and their Farseers'.  I wrecked 2 Wave Serpents, depleted a Firedragon team down to just the Exarch and wiped out most of a Dire Avenger team and removed the twin linked wpn from another wave serpant.  I also got my first ever glancing hit with an EMP grenade on turn one from a Shas'ui which charged into a Wave Serpant along with his team.  It took a Dire Avenger squad and a Fire Dragon team 4+ assault phases to finally wipe them out.  Unfortuneately, the Shas'Vre that was contesting his Capture and Control Objective Died while Jumping into Difficult Terrain in the Top of Turn 6, leaving his 3 remaining Dire Avengers in that area to Cap the point.  All the other points were contested, and so Eric won One to nothing.

All in all, it was an amazing battle, and as always Eric was a great opponent and we had a great time.  I plan to get in one more 5th edition Game at Big Kidz Games tomorrow before 6th hits on Saturday.  Hopefully I can redeem my Farsight list which is now something like 5 wins 1 loss in the last month or so.. 

Or, I think tomorrow, I'm going to try to run a Shadowsun list, that has at least 1 of every unit possible ( I don't own a space pope model, and can't run Farsight, but I will run my Ethereal with honor Guard).. I will probably leave the Skyray at home so I can run 3 sniper Drone teams, I'll skip the gun drone squadron, but will make a gun drone team by detaching them from my Piranha squadron, and will otherwise make the army as stealthy as possible.. 2 6 man stealth teams, 2 16 Kroot Kroot Teams infiltrating, Pathfinders outflanking and Tankshocking on turn 2 if possible.  It's not a winning strategy, but when the Vespid hit the board, oh look out.. no ones gonna know what to do then..

On another thought all together, I bought 3 more Mark I Rhino's from Eric today bringing my Total up too 8 Mark I rhino chassis for my sisters of battle army.  3 will get converted to Exorsists, 3 into imolators for my Dominion squads, and 2 as Rhino's as transports for Jacobus and the Battle Conclave, and 1 for my Sisters Repentia..  Assuming 6th doesn't have some rules that make that a horrid build. 

No comments:

Post a Comment