Saturday, December 7, 2013

Friday Knight Games

Sisters of Battle + Grey Knights vs Tau + Eldar at 1850

I was going to write up a battle report for this battle, but my phone was dead at turn one and I didn't get any pictures, I then failed to get any pictures of a couple other turns, while getting to many of the turns I did.  As such, I'll just briefly summarize that the game was hammer and anvil and the relic.  I went first but having focused all my shooting on his commander, who was 2+ with FNP and leading a drone squad, that I failed to get first blood.  Mike wrecked my immobilized Exorcist for First blood instead.  At the end of the game I chose to try to play for a win rather than a tie and moved Justicar Thawn out of Mikes deployment and tried to assault his firewarriors to then slingshot toward the relic.  He died for the 3rd time in the game, the second to overwatch fire, and I ended up losing 1 point to 2 (nobody had the relic, we both had slay the warlord and Mike had first blood.)  If they hadn't nurfed Celestine to only getting back up once a game, It could have been a tie game still but they did, and she was dead at the end of the game, no linebreaker for me. 

Had I not been trying to play a more "friendly" list with no Dreadknight I probably could have managed a win here, but at least Mike doesn't run any Riptides so it was a good game that came down to turn 6 to decide a winner. 

As to my list, as expected the dominion squad with 3 flamers and a meltagun sucked.  I need more meltagun sisters models so I can run them properly with 4 meltaguns in a heavy flamer immolator.  Also the squads of 5 sisters with 1 heavy bolter just never seem to do much.  Their volume of fire is not sufficient to matter, nor does it have the range to play shooty versus the Tau.  All in all, the Grey Knights "allies" always seem to do all the heavy lifting, while the sisters still feel more like a tax than an asset.  I may try losing the terminators and thawn, and the stormraven, and instead take 1 12pt henchman squad and a Dreadknight with Personal Teleporter, Sword, and heavy incinerator.  Then use the spare points to try to make the "Sisters" component contribute something more to the list.


Here are the pictures I did get, mostly of Turn 3 and 4 I think as the terminators assaulted the wraithguard blob on turn 3 which is shown in this first image having lost some models to shooting, but not yet being assaulted.

I did my best to minimize the supporting fire options prior to my assault on the
wraithguard, but he still managed to get in shooting from 2 units plus the wraithguard.



The stormraven wrecked the two piranha squadron on turn 2 when it arrived.
  




Top of turn 3, rolled a 2" consolidation move after assaulting wraithguard
so I just spread out some to avoid being hit by large blasts.


I called this cock-blocking the relic with my Stormraven in skimmer mode.


Remaining Dominion squad chasing that interceptor Drone.


Mikes Deadpool at the bottom of the image, still wasn't enough for a win.




Stormraven died having gone to skimmer mode on my turn 3 so the termies
could assault the wraiths.  It pretty well paid for itself in the two turns it
was on the board.


Ah celestine, you killed those three firewarriors, but should
have stayed in cover by the Piranha instead.


This was bottom of turn 4 I think.  Before Thawn got back up and tried
to assault the firewarrios that had moved over to the ruin near the Relic.
Also before Celestine died the 2nd time.


No comments:

Post a Comment