Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Progress: Grey Knight Terminators, 3 more Rhino/immolators, others

Hobby Progress - December 04, 2013


Rather than spamming my hobby progress shots to various facebook groups I've decided to just post them here to my blog instead.  Lately, I've been working on getting my old Sisters of Battle army painted, but have also worked on my Grey Knights which were meant to be allies, but have turned into their own army as well.  In addition my son Trystan painted 54 firewarriors for me last week to a tabletop standard which was a huge relief.  I've had those guys laying around unpainted for over a year and never play them because they weren't painted.  I never painted them cuz they were not usually played.  Now I have no excuse not to put them on the table.

10 GK Terminators, including a Justicar Thawn, 2 Daemon Hammer
Psycannon models, a Justicar with Warding Stave, a regular warding
staff terminator, and 5 force halbards.  That seemed the best range
of models to run either 1 or 2 full squads with the best options.
I just built 3 more immolator chasis, and added some base tones
too 2 more along with 3 exorcists.

Trystan's work on my firewarriors.  He did all these from
based dark green to three color tabletop in about 8 hours..

A close up, need to do some detail work, and tone down the
blue man troupe heads.. But otherwise very pleased with these so far.



My army as displayed at the Turkey Shoot.  Photo by the T.O.
as I took best painted there.

My army as I intended to run it with the skyshield which wasn't
allowed due to Nova Rules being in effect.   No big deal, the TO
was cool and let me swap it out for a defense line and comm's relay




One of two Dread Knights painted up the day before the
Turkey Shoot, along with the Venerable Dread, and a Riptide
that also were painted that day.  These all have a bit more
painting to go before they are finished.  Also, I plan to do
a walk through on my servo skulls visible in the back there. 
I scratch built those the same evening and am quite pleased
with how well they turned out also.


No comments:

Post a Comment