Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Eldar Allies

So, I finally bit the bullet as they say, and invested in some allies for my Tau.  Unfortuneatly, I chose the Eldar which currently have no fliers, just like my Tau, so they don't address the lack of AA issue very well, but, they definitely address the lack of Psychic ability.  I have yet to get a game in with them, though I have two league matches coming up this week or next.

Currently I have:

Eldrad Ulthran
5 Dark Reapers including Exarch
5 Rangers/Pathfinders (I'm using them as pathfinders)

As they are battle brothers, I will be taking advantage of Eldrad's psychic powers to grant a team of broadsides the "Ignores Cover" special rule.  The Dark Reaper Exarch will be manning my Quad-Gun using his "Crack Shot" ability to deny cover saves (including Jink saves for zooming flyers) and he'll be re-rolling too hit, and too wound rolls, so that should be 4 hits a turn at BS5 and probably 4 glances at least on most vehicles.  It's a shame he can't split fire from the rest of the unit as the 48" str 5 ap 3 Heavy 2 shots from the rest of the unit will be wasted if they are firing on vehicles..  Sad Face.. 

Anyway, thats the beginning of my allies, I really like the look of the models, and have always liked the eldar, I may end up having an entire footdar list by the time I'm done..  Though it will take a while... I already exceeded my monthly gaming budget by more than double to get these guys in time for the league this week..

If you are an Eldar player, what would you suggest as good allie units for my Tau?  I can get one more troop, a fast, and an elite.  I'm considering swooping hawks, and Wraith Guard (though their 12" guns makes me hesitant to go that route).  Troops wise, I'm thinking maybe the unit that gets a support weapon platform as a gheto heavy option.

1 comment:

  1. My alliance of choice is the Wraithguard blob. A full squad of wraithguard with Obscure spiritseer can be taken as a troop choice, and a low end Farseer with Runes of Warding for psychic defense and Fortune to keep the Wraithguard blob. Effective, but too many points for a battle under 1750.

    ReplyDelete